Just some of the advantages of choosing Highland Steel Buildings:
- Architectural drawings for Local Authority supplied with each building
- Our steel frames are fully galvanised making them extremely light but very strong and long lasting
- All our structures are maintenance free
- Our UK steel suppliers A. Steadman & Son Ltd are renowned for the quality of their products and have ISO9001:2000 accreditation
- Register your building and get our cladding suppliers warranty of up to 25 years
- Our design software lets us customise your design to your needs incorporating whatever features you require: roller doors, windows, skylights, partitions etc.
- Various cladding options including single skin plastisol or fire rated composites
- All buildings are engineered to BS 6399 - Part 2
Cold rolled steel has a plethora of advantages that not only benefits our production process, but also enhances our values.
Firstly, Cold Rolled Steel provides a very safe solution for the construction industry as it is a non-combustible, fire resistant material guaranteeing piece of mind for our clients.
For the manufacturing process it enables adaptability and flexibility allowing us to meet the requirements of nearly all structural applications.
Steel is sustainable as it is a recyclable material, therefore steel buildings are also considered recyclable. This green credential is something many clients look for in a project and adds to the environmental benefits off-site construction brings.
Cold Rolled Steels durability, strength and stability is without question its best advantage. It is corrosion resistant therefore does not experience the effect of rot or mold meaning strength and longevity. Steel also resists the absorption of water which removes the issues for a building surrounding expansion and contraction that make cracks and warps. It also has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any other material which can be to an architect’s advantage as longer spans can be implemented into a design. Not only this, there is far more flexibility for an architect to add additional features to a building.
The ability to prefabricate our cold formed steel to the exact specification for each and every job means that we benefit from reduced material waste as well as cost efficiencies.